Forget the tropics, surf the UK. We might moan about cold water and onshore slop, but that’s because we don’t want anyone else to catch on and surf our paradise. Here’s seven things no one tells you about surfing in the UK…
1. There’s beautiful beaches
2. There’s waves
3. Really good waves*.
4. The water is crystal clear**.
5. It’s sunny***
5. You can surf in a springsuit****
6. There’s incredible wildlife
7. You can surf without crowds*****
* At least once a year.
** Depending where you surf, of course!
*** 1600 hours a year, anyway.
**** Once a year, usually.
***** If you time it right.